Saturday, March 27, 2010

Lena



A special girl named Lena with severe cerebral palsy:

"Lena (36)
Girl, Born November 2, 2004
Lena is a beautiful little girl with brown hair and brown eyes. She was born with Down syndrome, but also struggles with the effects of possible CP and likely some autistic tendencies. She is able to walk on her own and is described as very active, but she does not socialize very much with the other children and is non verbal at this time. It is children like Lena that break my heart so badly, because in an institutional setting, which she is facing soon, she will just continue to close off into herself and truly become one of those children we envision as "institutionalized". :( I know there is a family out there for this very deserving little girl!
I have $60 in my grant fund towards the cost of my adoption!"

Found at www.reecesrainbow.com/atriskwaiting.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment